February 13, 2015 – Starting next year, Disney Cruise Line will be offering a unique “Star Wars Day at Sea” on its Disney Fantasy cruise ship.
Star Wars-related activities are expected to include:
● Jedi Training Academy for younglings ages 4-12, similar to the JTA experience offered at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando
● Star Wars character meet-and-greets (In addition to the usual heroes and villains such as Darth Vader, Chewbacca and Boba Fett, expect to see Jedi Mickey, Leia Minnie, Darth Goofy and Stormtrooper Donald)
● Star Wars-themed special dinner and deck party (similar to Disney’s popular “Pirates at Sea” celebration) – so bring your favorite Star Wars costume and lightsaber
● A night club that will make clubgoers feel like “they stepped into the Mos Eisley cantina scene”, featuring characters, cantina music and themed cocktails (club section limited to adults after 9:00 PM)
● Screenings of Star Wars films as well as Star Wars Rebels in the large movie theater
The Star Wars-themed cruise is offered only on select dates (January 9 & 23; February 6 & 20; March 5 & 19; and April 2 & 16, 2016) on the 8-day, 7-night Western Caribbean cruise aboard Disney’s Fantasy cruise ship. The ship sails from Port Canaveral, about one hour east of Orlando, Florida, and docks at three destinations, including Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay in the Bahamas.
To book your cruise, visit the Disney Cruise Line website.