Anaheim will be the tenth Star Wars Celebration convention, but the very first to feature live-streaming and video-on-demand for a worldwide audience.
Previous Celebrations have included:
* Celebration I (1999) in Denver, Colorado;
* Celebration II (May, 2002) in Indianapolis, Indiana;
* Celebration III ( April, 2005) again in Indianapolis;
* Celebration IV (May 2006) in Los Angeles;
* Celebration Europe (Sept. 2006) in London;
* Celebration Japan (Feb. 2008) near Tokyo;
* Celebration V (Aug. 2010) in Orlando, Florida;
* Celebration VI (Aug. 2012) in Orlando, Florida;
* Celebration Europe II (July 2013) in Essen, Germany
The live stream begins on Thursday, April 16th, at 10:00 A.M. PST with video of a kickoff panel featuring the director J.J. Abrams and producer Kathleen Kennedy of Star Wars Episode VII – The Force Awakens. For four days, you can watch over 30 hours of live streamed content, which will be centered on a Star Wars Cantina replica located on the convention floor.
Expect to watch over a dozen speaker panels. (BONUS: You won’t have to stand in line for the typical 45-60 minutes or more just to enter the various conference rooms!) Watch celebrity interviews and on-stage discussions with actors Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Billy Dee Williams, Ian McDiarmid and others.
The live feed will also include the Star Wars Fan Film Awards; the Smuggler’s Bounty radio drama; EA’s new Battlefront videogame; and other Celebration events.
The live streaming begins on April 16th at 10:00 A.M. PST / 1:00 P.M. EST with the Celebration kickoff panel and concludes with the closing ceremony on April 19th, which begins at 3:30 P.M. PST / 6:30 P.M. EST. Go to StarWars.com to access the live streaming or click the icon below.