May 13, 2015 – Disney’s Star Wars Weekends is about to open in two days (May 15 through June 14, 2015) at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando. To help feed its hungry guests, Disney is unveiling an all-new experience called “Rebel Hangar – A Star Wars Lounge Experience”.
Look for Star Wars-inspired food and drink during the event weeks from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Reservations can be made online HERE.
The Rebel Hangar Lounge will be decorated and themed as “an abandoned space for visiting pilots, renegades and smugglers … framed by the remnants of long-abandoned spacecraft and other vehicles.”
● Spicy pork wings topped with piquillo pepper sauce
● Slider sampler featuring barbecue-braised brisket with coleslaw, and barbecued pulled chicken with arugula
● Hummus with red pepper coulis, black sesame dust and corn tortilla chips
● Yoda Key lime cake
If you have a sweet-tooth, we strongly recommend trying the Trio of Star Wars mini cupcakes. They include Darth Vader (chocolate-peanut butter), Yoda (chocolate-hazelnut), and Jabba the Hutt (salted caramel latte) served in the Han Solo Carbonite Souvenir Box. Larger single-serving sizes are also available elsewhere at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Florida’s hot and muggy weather – or sometimes the crowds – may drive you to drink. The Rebel Hangar has a perfect new drink menu waiting for you:
● Dagobah Swamp Juice – Midori, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, sweet and sour, topped with lemon-lime foam
● Imperial Blue – Maker’s Mark Whisky, Cointreau, Blue Curacao, sweet and sour, topped with Sprite
● Rebel Red – Grey Goose vodka, Chambord, sour mix and a splash of grenadine
● Tatooine Sunset – Stoli vanilla, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, pineapple juice with grenadine
● The Dark Side – Stoli vanilla vodka, Bailey’s liqueur, crème de cocoa and brownie garnish
The price range for all menu items runs between $5.49 and $16.99. Reservations can be made online HERE or call 407-WDW-DINE.