November 11, 2016 – And so it’s another weekend night, you don’t have a date, your friends have disappeared, and it feels like the world is falling apart.
Why not watch this Zen-like video of someone else cleaning their vintage Star Wars action figures? It’s soothing and calming in a weird sort of way.
Of course, we always have questions:
1) Why do the action figures always end up feet down, heads up?
2) Why do some figures bob and float while others sink? Does that mean some are not authentic?
3) What’s that sticky, tacky film we sometimes feel on our old action figures? Is the plastic melting?
4) What’s that brown stuff being poured into the bubble bath?
5) Is that the same toothbrush he uses to brush his teeth?
6) What kind of camera is being used?
7) Why is there no toy shark or scuba-diver in the background?
8) Would MCA Records, the copyright holder for the shark-attack theme from Jaws, grant permission to use their audio track?
9) Did you know that John Williams composed the music for Jaws? And Star Wars, E.T.: The Exta-Terrestrial, Jurassic Park, and many more movies?
10) Who else is watching this?