November 15, 2015 – Disneyland is about to open the cargo doors to its all-new Star Wars Launch Bay. The Disneyland Resort kicks off its annual “Seasons of the Force” event on 16 November 2015, with the Launch Bay becoming a permanent fixture.
Head towards the lower level of the Tomorrowland Expo Center and immerse yourself in the Star Wars universe. Constructed at the former site of Disney’s Innoventions in Anaheim, California, Launch Bay offers something for just about every Star Wars fan:
● The museum-quality displays showcase memorabilia, large-scale replicas (and an occasional original) of Star Wars props, costumes, vehicles and other artifacts.
● At the Game Center, you can play several interactive Star Wars video games, including new and exclusive Disney Infinity toy box levels available only at the Launch Bay.
● Launch Bay Theater: A short video features comments from various writers, directors, and other production members who have brought George Lucas’s vision to life since 1977.
● A meet-and-greet opportunity with either Lord Vader or Chewbacca: Pose for a photo with the Sith Lord or ask for his autograph, but whatever you do, respect his character – or he might just turn you away. If you and your younglings prefer the Light Side, you can always opt to hug or high-five Chewbacca instead.
● At the Star Wars Launch Bay Cargo (a/k/a “the gift shop”), remember to bring lots of galaxian credits (or a credit card) for some amazing merchandise. High-end purchases include signed memorabilia, life-sized costumed models and personalized D-Tech on Demand mobile device cases.
For East Coast (USA) guests, you can expect Disney World’s Hollywood Studios to launch its version of Star Wars Launch Bay on 1 December 2015. The Orlando version of Launch Bay is undergoing final preparations and will be located at the former site of The Magic of Disney Animation (the old Animation Building), which closed July 12th. We will post an update after our next visit to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.